We are now accepting applications for the 2024 Racing Season!
All participants in Illinois Horse Racing are required to obtain an Occupation License which expires December 31st of each year. An application shall not be considered unless the application form is filled out completely, all information requested by the Board supplied, fingerprint requirements met, and the appropriate non-refundable license fees paid.
CHOOSE YOUR LICENSE
- Print and complete your IRB License Application along with any additional paperwork required.
- Include a check or money order made payable to: Illinois Racing Board
- Mail to the License Office at the racetrack you are participating at.
- See here for a list of IRB addresses: IRB LOCATIONS
Fingerprints are required for first time applicants, not previously licensed in Illinois and renewal applicants that have not been fingerprinted within the past 5 years. By signing the application, licensees consent to a background investigation via ISP and FBI CHRI report.
Noncriminal Justice Applicant's Privacy Rights
Instructions for OUT-OF-STATE applicants:
- Find a fingerprinting location near you that can provide an FD-258 or Fee App Fingerprint Card. If the location is digital only, make sure they can print the digital prints onto a physical fingerprint card.
- Print out the Identity Verification Certifying Statement (OOS-FP) & Biometric Impressions Fingerprint Applicant Consent Form and bring it with you. (Click Here for the detailed instructions and required forms)
- Fill out section 1 of the OOS-FP Form. The fingerprint technician must fill out section 2 of the OOS-FP Form. Section 3 is left blank.
- Fill out and sign the Biometric Impressions Fingerprint Applicant Consent Form.
- Mail the fingerprint card, the two completed forms, and a cashier's check or money order for $32.80 (NO Personal Checks) and payable to "Biometric Impressions Corp" to the address below:
||Biometric Impressions Corp.
188 W. Industrial Dr, Suite 214B
Elmhurst, IL 60126
- If you would like to pay by credit card, please call Biometric Impressions to arrange payment over the phone: 630-532-5922.
Instructions for IN-STATE applicants:
- Applicants may choose to get fingerprints done at a Biometric Impressions location in Illinois.
- A consent form is required and can be found here: Biometric Impressions Fingerprint Applicant Consent Form
- Biometric Impressions hours and appointment requirements vary by location: Off Track Fingerprint Locations
Owners, Trainers, Assistant Trainers, Jockeys, Drivers and Racing Officials applying to renew their license may submit a valid Fingerprint Certification Form, at the discretion of the Board, if the applicant has been duly licensed in another recognized racing jurisdiction after submitting fingerprints that were subjected to a State and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history background check in that jurisdiction within the last 5 years.
Fingerprint Certification Form
CITIZENSHIP AND WORK PERMITS
An Applicant for an Occupation License in all categories, except Owner, shall be a United States citizen, a permanent resident alien, or be the holder of a temporary or permanent work permit. All licenses are subject to approval by the Racing Board Stewards.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN ILLINOIS RACING